Want to blow the socks off your inlaws? This year try something different at the holiday dinner table! Maybe instead of turkey or spiral ham, a tandoori masala cornish hen for each guest! These tasty little guys look fancy as heck, but are actually so easy to roast and take way less time to cook than a turkey. Try this recipe out and let us know what you think on Instagram! #imaspicewalla
TANDOORI MASALA ROASTED CORNISH HENS
2 Tbsp Spicewalla Sicilian Sea Salt
2 cups whole fat plain yogurt
3 Tbsp Spicewalla Tandoori Masala
2 tsp lemon juice
1 clove of garlic, grated
1. Preheat oven to 475*F.
2. Pat cornish hens dry with a paper towel or cloth, sprinkle with Sea Salt and place in a large bag or deep baking dish.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine yogurt, Spicewalla Tandoori Masala, lemon juice, and garlic, stir to combine.
4. Pour yogurt mixture over cornish hens, making sure they are evenly covered and marinate in the fridge for at least one hour or up to 4 hours.
5. Remove hens from the fridge, gently shake off excess marinade and place on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
6. Roast at 400* for 35 minutes then turn the oven up to 475* and roast for another 10 mins until golden brown and the internal temperature is 165*
7. Garnish with fresh herbs and lemon slices.