1 Tbsp canola oil
1 small sweet onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbs Spicewalla Kashmiri Chilli Powder
1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced
2 green zucchini, diced
Salt and pepper, to taste
64 oz chicken or vegetable stock
2 15.5 oz cans white hominy, drained
1 15.5 oz can large butterbeans, drained
Pea shoots or fresh cilantro, for garnish
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, Kashmiri Chilli Powder, butternut squash, and zucchini. Cook for another 5 minutes until beginning to soften. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour the stock into the pot and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to medium-low and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Add hominy and butter beans, cook another 10 minutes.
- Taste and adjust salt level, if needed.
- Serve in bowls, top with a handful of pea shoots or cilantro as garnish.