1 Tbsp canola oil
1 small sweet onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbs Spicewalla Kashmiri Chilli Powder
1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced
2 green zucchini, diced
Salt and pepper, to taste
64 oz chicken or vegetable stock
2 15.5 oz cans white hominy, drained
1 15.5 oz can large butterbeans, drained
Pea shoots or fresh cilantro, for garnish
1. In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add onions and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
3. Add garlic, Kashmiri Chilli Powder, butternut squash, and zucchini. Cook for another 5 minutes until beginning to soften. Add salt and pepper.
4. Pour the stock into the pot and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to medium-low and simmer for about 30 minutes.
5. Add hominy and butter beans, cook another 10 minutes.
6. Taste and adjust salt level, if needed.
7. Serve in bowls, top with a handful of pea shoots or cilantro as garnish.