Every year around this time, Chai Pani sells holiday cookies made by Molly Irani's mom, Roz. We love these beautiful cookies with our whole hearts and know you will too. Here's the recipe for you to make them at home.
NANI'S CHAI SPICE (NOT SO SUGARY) SUGAR COOKIE
YIELD: About 25-30 medium-sized cookies
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar for 7 minutes on medium speed with a paddle attachment. Beat in eggs just until combined.
- Add salt and vanilla on low speed until combined.
- Mix chai spice into flour and add to batter, beating on medium until the dough is pulling clean from the sides of the bowl.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove dough from the fridge and preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Roll out dough with a rolling pin and dust extra flour on the surface to prevent sticking. Cut into desired shapes and be sure to brush off excess flour with a pastry brush before placing cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Freeze cookies on the baking sheet for at least 10 minutes to prevent the cookies from spreading and losing their shape.
- Bake cookies for 10-15 minutes and then let cool thoroughly before decorating.