Dust off that food processor or blender in the back of your cabinet and get ready to whip up this quick and delicious snack! Hummus may seem intimidating, but in fact, it is super easy to prepare, and your recipe can be adapted to whatever you have available in your pantry. Don't have Tahini? Use olive oil instead. Don't have chickpeas? Use any 'ol canned bean! In this recipe, we use Tandoori Masala, a spice blend that is packed with bright, tangy, and spicy flavors, taking this regular boring bean dip to new heights. Once you start making this hummus at home, it will be hard to go back to those store-bought brands.
TANDOORI MASALA HUMMUS
yield: 2 cups
time: 20 minutes
1/4 cup Tahini
Juice of 1 lemon
3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced or grated
2 tsp Spicewalla Tandoori Masala
1/2 tsp Spicewalla Sicilian Sea Salt
15.5 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed, liquid reserved
1/4 cup liquid from beans
1. Add tahini and lemon juice to a blender or food processor, blend together until light in color, about 1 minute.
2. Add olive oil, garlic, Spicewalla Tandoori Masala, and Spicewalla Sicilian Sea Salt, blend together until well combined.
3. Add half of the beans and blend for about 2 minutes, stopping to scrape down the sides if needed. Repeat with the other half of the beans.
4. Add the reserved liquid from the beans and blend again until the texture is smooth.
5. Drizzle with olive oil and more Tandoori Masala right before serving.