If you're totally over mixed greens and looking for a salad alternative to serve up this weekend, look no further, this delicious, bright, and colorful root veg salad can't be BEET... Sorry, had to do it! The sweetness of these roasted red and golden beets is perfectly complemented by the savory, tart flavors of the roasted cumin marinade. Paired with goat cheese, pistachios, and shallots, you'll impress yourself with this beautiful, easy, go-to gourmet dish!
Roasted Cumin Marinated Beets
1 pound baby golden beets, stems and leaves removed
1 Tbsp shallots, thinly sliced
3 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp Spicewalla Roasted Cumin Powder
2 tsp Spicewalla Sicilian Sea Salt
1 pinch Spicewalla Black Pepper, Table Ground
5-6 dill fronds for garnish
1 Tbsp goat cheese, crumbled
2 Tbsp pistachios, shelled
1. Preheat oven to 400*F
2. Rinse beets under cold water and place directly on a baking sheet without drying.
3. Cover with another baking sheet of the same size or tin foil, bake for 30-40 mins until beets are easily pierced with a fork.
4. Remove from the oven and cool slightly. While still warm, peel the skins off of the beets. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour until chilled.
5. In a mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, roasted cumin powder, sea salt, and pepper. Add sliced shallots.
6. Cut beets into halves and add to oil mixture, stir to coat. Let sit for at least 30 minutes to marinate.
7. Place beets on a serving platter, garnish with dill, goat cheese, and pistachios. Enjoy!