For the dressing:
1/4 cup Sugar
1/3 cup Rice wine Vinegar
1/3 cup Freshly squeezed lime juice
1.5 tsp Kosher salt
3/4 tsp Spicewalla Cumin Powder
3 Cloves garlic
1/4 cups Red onion
1 bunch cilantro
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For the salad:
1/2 head Green Cabbage, shredded
1/2 head Purple Cabbage, shredded
1/4 carrots, julienned
1 Tbsp cilantro
4 oz. Cumin-Lime dressing
pinch Spicewalla Sicilian Sea Salt
¼ C Sev (Fried Chickpea Noodles)
2 Tbsp Masala Cashews*
1 tsp Toasted Spicewalla Sesame Seeds
1 Tbsp Chopped Green Onion
For the masala cashews:
1/4 cup whole cashews
pinch of sugar
1 tsp Spicewalla Sicilian Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Spicewalla Dark Chilli Powder
1/2 tsp Spicewalla Cumin Powder
2 tsp oil
for the dressing:
1. Add all ingredients except cilantro in blender.
2. Blend on high speed and add cilantro.
3. Once liquified; turn to low speed and slowly add olive oil until completely emulsified.
for the masala cashews:
1. Preheat oven to 320°F.
2. Mix cashews with rest of ingredients
3. Spread on a small pan and bake for 5 mins
4. Open oven and mix cashews, then bake for another 5-6 minutes.
for the Salad:
1. Combine cabbage, carrots, cilantro, dressing, and pinch of salt in a large mixing bowl, mixing ingredients till evenly coated in dressing.
2. In a large salad bowl, pile the salad mix in the bowl and top with sev, cashews, sesame seeds, and green onion.