Yield: 4 servings
Time: 15 mins
8 oz uncooked pasta
4 Tbs extra virgin olive oil, plus more to finish
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp Spicewalla Crushed Red Pepper
2 Tbs Spicewalla Mustard & Tarragon Rub
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated, plus more for garnish
3 Tbs unsalted butter
Spicewalla Sicilian Sea Salt, to taste
Spicewalla Black Peppercorns, freshly ground, to taste
Lemon Zest, for garnish
- Bring 3 quarts of generously salted water to a boil in a large pot.
- Once boiling, add uncooked pasta and stir into water. Cook to al dente, about 2-3 minutes shorter than the suggested time on the package.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, crushed red pepper, and Mustard & Tarragon rub, stir to combine
- Gently saute garlic & spices until they begin to take on color, about 3 minutes.
- Retrieve 1 cup of pasta water from the pot and pour half of it into the saute pan, be careful, pan will give off a lot of steam and will bubble up when water is added.
- When pasta is done, use tongs to remove the pasta from the pot and transfer directly to the saute pan. Stir to coat with the garlic and oil mixture.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup of pasta water, grated parmesan, butter, salt, and pepper.
- Cook, stirring frequently until sauce has thickened and is glossy.
- Finish with lemon zest, olive oil, and more grated parmesan. Serve immediately.