Just because you don't want to spend a lot of time on dinner, doesn't mean it shouldn't taste good! This very simple pantry pasta recipe is the perfect answer to the dreaded question "what do you want for dinner tonight?" Let our Mustard & Tarragon Rub do the heavy lifting with additional flavors of garlic, coriander, and dill that will transform that box of pasta you've been holding onto into a new favorite dinner option.
MUSTARD & TARRAGON PANTRY PASTA
Time: 15 mins
8 oz uncooked pasta
4 Tbs extra virgin olive oil, plus more to finish
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp Spicewalla Crushed Red Pepper
2 Tbs Spicewalla Mustard & Tarragon Rub
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated, plus more for garnish
3 Tbs unsalted butter
Spicewalla Sicilian Sea Salt, to taste
Spicewalla Black Peppercorns, freshly ground, to taste
Lemon Zest, for garnish
PREPARATION1. Bring 3 quarts of generously salted water to a boil in a large pot.
2. Once boiling, add uncooked pasta and stir into water. Cook to al dente, about 2-3 minutes shorter than the suggested time on the package.
3. While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
4. Add garlic, crushed red pepper, and Mustard & Tarragon rub, stir to combine
5. Gently saute garlic & spices until they begin to take on color, about 3 minutes.
6. Retrieve 1 cup of pasta water from the pot and pour half of it into the saute pan, be careful, pan will give off a lot of steam and will bubble up when water is added.
7. When pasta is done, use tongs to remove the pasta from the pot and transfer directly to the saute pan. Stir to coat with the garlic and oil mixture.
8. Add remaining 1/2 cup of pasta water, grated parmesan, butter, salt, and pepper.
9. Cook, stirring frequently until sauce has thickened and is glossy.
10. Finish with lemon zest, olive oil, and more grated parmesan. Serve immediately.