Mustard & Tarragon Dutch Baby with Frisée Breakfast Salad
If you're looking for the perfect brunch meal or breakfast in bed, look no further. This savory mustard & tarragon dutch baby is fluffy and light, topped with a bright frisée salad, cherry tomatoes, prosciutto, and fried egg.
Get the recipe for Lemon & Pink Peppercorn dutch babies here!yields: two 5-inch babies or one 12-inch baby
For this recipe you will need:
4 large eggs
3/4 cup whole milk
3 tablespoons Spicewalla Mustard and Tarragon Seasoning
1 teaspoon Spicewalla Black Pepper, Table Grind
1/2 teaspoon Spicewalla Sicilian Sea Salt
1/4 cup grated Gruyere
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
TOPPINGS:1/2 cup frisée
1/2 cup frisée
1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large egg
a few pieces of prosciutto
1 teaspoon lemon juice
pinch of Spicewalla Black Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425º
2. To make batter: Whisk eggs in a mixing bowl until frothy. Whisk in milk, Mustard & Tarragon blend, black pepper, and sea salt. Add the flour last and whisk to combine. Let batter sit for 20 minutes before baking.
3. Place cast iron pan in the oven to preheat for about 10 minutes.
4. Remove pan and add butter. Once the butter is melted and bubbling, immediately pour in the batter, sprinkle with Gruyere and place in the oven.
5. Bake for about 20 minutes until puffy and golden brown on the edges.
6. Remove pan from the oven.
7. Fry an egg in olive oil to your preference.
8. Place frisée in the center of the dutch baby, top with cherry tomatoes, prosciutto, and drizzle with lemon juice.
9. Carefully lay the fried egg on top and sprinkle with a pinch of black pepper. Serve immediately.