For the mixed berry topping:
1/2 cup strawberries, sliced
1/4 cup blackberries
1/4 cup blueberries
3 Tbsp Spicewalla Lemon Lavender Sugar
For the batter:
3 large eggs
1/2 cup whole or nondairy milk
2 tsp Spicewalla Lemon Lavender Sugar
1 tsp granulated sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
a pinch of kosher salt
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Make the berry topping: Sprinkle the Lavender Lemon sugar over mixed berries in a bowl and stir. Set aside.
- Make batter: Whisk eggs in a mixing bowl until frothy. Whisk in milk, Lemon Lavender Sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla, and salt. Add the flour last and whisk to combine. Let the batter sit for 20 minutes before baking.
- Place cast iron in the oven to preheat for about 10 minutes.
- Remove pan and add the butter. Once the butter is melted and bubbling, immediately pour in the batter and place in the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes until puffed and golden brown
- Remove from the oven and spoon the mixed berries on top. Serve immediately and enjoy!
What size cast iron do you recommend for this recipe?
Thank you in advance!