1 8oz pouch Daring Original Pieces
Coconut oil, if using grill pan
1 cucumber, sliced
1 red onion, sliced paper thin
Cilantro or parsley (garnish)
2 TBSP Spicewalla Tandoori Masala
1/3 cup unsweetened vegan yogurt
1 cup dry basmati rice
2 cups water
1 TBSP oil or vegan butter
1 tsp cumin seeds
½ cinnamon stick
½ - ¾ tsp salt
1/2 cup frozen peas
Shop the Recipe
1. Open pouch of frozen Daring Original Pieces (keeping resealable closure intact), add Spicewalla Tandoori Masala blend + vegan yogurt directly into bag. Reseal the bag and shake to coat. Place pouch in the refrigerator overnight (or at least 2-3hr).
2. Soak wood skewers in cold water for 15-20 min before you use them to avoid burning.
3. Make your jeera rice. Wash the rice thoroughly and drain into cooking vessel. Cover with water & allow to soak for 20 min.
4. While that’s happening, heat oil or vegan butter in a saucepan. Once melted, add the cumin seeds, cloves, & cinnamon stick. Let the spices infuse into oil for 2-3 min.
5. Once rice is finished soaking, drain thoroughly and add it to the spice mixture in the saucepan. Sauté the rice in the pan for about 2 min over med heat.
6. Add 2 cups water and salt to the rice and mix well. Bring rice to a boil, and then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover & cook for approximately 6 min, until water has evaporated & the rice is cooked through. During the last 2-3 min of cooking time, add the frozen peas and stir. Turn off stove and let the rice rest for 5 min.
7. Slide 3-4 pieces of Daring onto each skewer so that the flat sides go face down on the grill.
8. If using traditional grill, preheat on the highest heat setting. If using a grill pan, set over high heat until it’s barely smoking & brush lightly with coconut oil (or other neutral oil).
9. Set skewers on the grill or grill pan & sear, undisturbed, for 2-3 min per side or until grill marks appear.
10. Flip & repeat on the remaining side. Remove from heat.
11. Serve with jeera rice, sliced cucumbers, red onion, and garnish with cilantro or parsley.
Shop the Recipe