1/2 tsp Spicewalla Roasted Cumin Powder
1/2 tsp Spicewalla Roasted Coriander Powder
Small pinch of Spicewala Fenugreek Leaves
1/4 tsp Spicewalla Garam Masala
1/2 tsp Spicewalla Kashmiri Chili Powder
1/2 tsp Spicewalla Turmeric Powder
1 1/2 Tbs Ginger Garlic Paste
1 1/2 Tbs Kashmiri Chili Paste (directions below)
Healthy pinch Spicewalla Sicilian Sea Salt
Healthy pinch of Spicewalla Black Pepper, Table Grind
1/2 cup thick strained greek yogurt
Juice of 1/2 a lime
4 chicken leg quarters
3 bone-in lamb chops
1 green bell pepper, diced
1/2 yellow onion, diced
To make Kashmiri Chili Paste:
1.5 cup Dried Kashmiri Chilis
1/4 cup Warm water
1/4 cup White Vinegar
- Remove the stems and add to a blender - add warm water to rehydrate the peppers for a few minutes. Grind the chillies to a smooth paste with a little vinegar.
For the rest:
- Preheat the oven to 500*F on roast or convection function.
- Add the yogurt to a mixing bowl. Add all the spices, kashmiri chilli paste and lime juice, stirring well to combine.
- Remove skin from chicken leg quarters and trim any fat off. Score to the bone in 3-4 places on both sides and season with salt then place chicken in a bowl (we recommend to wear gloves or your hands will get stained!) Place the lamb in a separate bowl.
- Coat the chicken and lamb in the yogurt marinade, cover and chill for at least 30 minutes, and for no more than 6 hours.
- Place the onions and peppers on a sheet pan and add drizzle with olive oil. Coat both sides of chicken with oil and place on top of the peppers and onions.
- Cook until chicken is 175 degrees (around 30-35 minutes). Grill the lamb chops to medium rare. Plate and enjoy!