1/2 tsp Spicewalla Roasted Cumin Powder
1/2 tsp Spicewalla Roasted Coriander Powder
Small pinch of Spicewala Fenugreek Leaves
1/4 tsp Spicewalla Garam Masala
1/2 tsp Spicewalla Kashmiri Chili Powder
1/2 tsp Spicewalla Turmeric Powder
1 1/2 Tbs Ginger Garlic Paste
1 1/2 Tbs Kashmiri Chili Paste (directions below)
Healthy pinch Spicewalla Sicilian Sea Salt
Healthy pinch of Spicewalla Black Pepper, Table Grind
1/2 cup thick strained greek yogurt
Juice of 1/2 a lime
4 chicken leg quarters
3 bone-in lamb chops
1 green bell pepper, diced
1/2 yellow onion, diced
To make Kashmiri Chili Paste:
1.5 cup Dried Kashmiri Chilis
1/4 cup Warm water
1/4 cup White Vinegar
- Remove the stems and add to a blender - add warm water to rehydrate the peppers for a few minutes. Grind the chillies to a smooth paste with a little vinegar.
For the rest:
1. Preheat the oven to 500*F on roast or convection function.
2. Add the yogurt to a mixing bowl. Add all the spices, kashmiri chilli paste and lime juice, stirring well to combine.
3. Remove skin from chicken leg quarters and trim any fat off. Score to the bone in 3-4 places on both sides and season with salt then place chicken in a bowl (we recommend to wear gloves or your hands will get stained!) Place the lamb in a separate bowl.
4. Coat the chicken and lamb in the yogurt marinade, cover and chill for at least 30 minutes, and for no more than 6 hours.
5. Place the onions and peppers on a sheet pan and add drizzle with olive oil. Coat both sides of chicken with oil and place on top of the peppers and onions.
6. Cook until chicken is 175 degrees (around 30-35 minutes). Grill the lamb chops to medium rare. Plate and enjoy!