1/4 cup whole cashews
1 large sweet onion, roughly chopped (about 2 cups)
2 Tbs avocado or grapeseed oil
2 Tbs GGP (Ginger Garlic Paste)
1 tsp green seranno pepper or other chilli pepper, finely diced
Kosher salt, to taste
1 block Sach Foods paneer, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1/4 tsp Spicewalla x Diaspora Turmeric Powder
1/2 tsp Spicewalla Ground White Pepper
1 (13.5oz) can of coconut milk, about 1 1/2 cups
1 tsp Spicewalla Fenugreek Leaves
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 tsp Spicewalla Garam Masala
1 cup frozen peas, blanched
Shop the Recipe
- Soak 1/4 cup of cashews in 1/4 hot water then blend into a paste. Set aside.
- Place chopped onion in a pot and cover with water, boil about 10 minutes until tender and translucent, then strain. Place boiled onion in a blender and puree into a paste. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large pan over medium-high heat. Once hot add ginger garlic paste and serrano pepper, sauté for about 2-3 minutes until starting to brown.
- Add onion paste and a pinch of kosher salt, simmer for 5-6 minutes until slightly thickened and light brown in color.
- Stir in Turmeric Powder and simmer for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cashew paste, Ground White Pepper, and coconut milk. Stir to combine. Simmer for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Crush the Fenugreek Leaves by hand to create more of a powdery consistency.
- Stir in the heavy cream, crushed Fenugreek Leaves and Garam Masala.
- Add paneer and blanched peas, simmer another minute just to heat the paneer and peas through. Taste and adjust seasoning to your preference. Enjoy!
Shop the Recipe
This turned out really great. I followed along with the Instagram video which was really great otherwise I may not have cooked the onions long enough. It took awhile cause I had to make everything from scratch but if you premade the cashew, garlic ginger paste and onions, then it could be a 30 minute meal.