1/4 cup whole cashews
1 large sweet onion, roughly chopped (about 2 cups)
2 Tbs avocado or grapeseed oil
2 Tbs GGP (Ginger Garlic Paste)
1 tsp green seranno pepper or other chilli pepper, finely diced
Kosher salt, to taste
1 block Sach Foods paneer, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1/4 tsp Spicewalla x Diaspora Turmeric Powder
1/2 tsp Spicewalla Ground White Pepper
1 (13.5oz) can of coconut milk, about 1 1/2 cups
1 tsp Spicewalla Fenugreek Leaves
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 tsp Spicewalla Garam Masala
1 cup frozen peas, blanched
- Soak 1/4 cup of cashews in 1/4 hot water then blend into a paste. Set aside.
- Place chopped onion in a pot and cover with water, boil about 10 minutes until tender and translucent, then strain. Place boiled onion in a blender and puree into a paste. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large pan over medium-high heat. Once hot add ginger garlic paste and serrano pepper, sauté for about 2-3 minutes until starting to brown.
- Add onion paste and a pinch of kosher salt, simmer for 5-6 minutes until slightly thickened and light brown in color.
- Stir in Turmeric Powder and simmer for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cashew paste, Ground White Pepper, and coconut milk. Stir to combine. Simmer for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Crush the Fenugreek Leaves by hand to create more of a powdery consistency.
- Stir in the heavy cream, crushed Fenugreek Leaves and Garam Masala.
- Add paneer and blanched peas, simmer another minute just to heat the paneer and peas through. Taste and adjust seasoning to your preference. Enjoy!