Yields: a lot of food! invite your friends!
3 Gallons of Water
2 Sweet onions - peeled and halved
3 Stalks of celery, cut in half
4 heads of garlic, halved widthwise
7 Lemons (4 for the recipe, 3 for garnish), halved
1 cup of Spicewalla Sicilian Sea Salt
1-12 oz can of light beer
1 cup Spicewalla Cajun Seasoning
1 cup Spicewalla Creole Seasoning
3 lbs Baby red potatoes
1 1/2 lbs (24oz) Smoked sausage, cut into 2-inch pieces
5 lbs Shrimp, unpeeled
8 ears of corn, frozen
1. Place water in a large stockpot and bring to a boil.
2. Add onions, celery, garlic, lemon, kosher salt, beer, Spicewalla Cajun Seasoning, and Spicewalla Creole Seasoning. Boil for 5 minutes.
3. Add potatoes and sausage, bring back to a boil and cook for about 10-15 minutes until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork.
4. Add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes. Turn off heat, add frozen corn and soak for 10 minutes.
5. Drain and spread onto a newspaper-lined table
6. Finish with lemon juice and sprinkle with more Spicewalla Cajun Seasoning
7. Serve with melted butter and cocktail sauce or remoulade.