4 firm Barlett pears, peeled and halved
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2 stick unsalted butter
2 Tbsp Spicewalla Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp bourbon (optional)
1. Combine brown sugar, water, butter, Spicewalla Pumpkin Pie Spice, vanilla and bourbon, if using, in a large saute pan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
2. Add pears, cut side down and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Cover pan and simmer for another 5 minutes or until pears are easily pierced with a fork or paring knife.
4. Remove pears from pan, continue to simmer brown sugar sauce until thickened, about 3 minutes.
5. Spoon sauce over pears before serving. Enjoy!