2oz aged rum
1.5oz ube coco lopez*
.5oz Spicewalla lavender syrup*
.5oz fresh lime juice
1.5oz pineapple juice (Dole is preferred)
2 dashes of Angostura bitters
for ube coco lopez
400mL coconut milk (I prefer the Thai Kitchen brand!)
375g cane sugar (about 1 3/4 cups)
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. ube extract
for lavender syrup
500g of cane sugar
250g of water
12g of Spicewalla lavender flowers
For Ube Coco Lopez
1. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and place over medium-low heat. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
For Lavender Syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and place over medium-low heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly to dissolve sugar.
- Remove from heat once sugar is dissolved and allow syrup to cool while the lavender steeps.
- Use a fine mesh sieve or strainer to strain the lavender out and discard.
For Finished Cocktail
- Add all ingredients to a shaker tin, fill with ice, and shake vigorously to bind the ingredients.
- Strain into a tall glass of pebble ice.
- Garnish with pineapple fronds, a tiki parasol, and sprig of lavender.