1oz Beefeater Gin
.5oz dry vermouth (I recommend Dolin Dry)
.5oz Raspberry-Sumac Syrup
for the raspberry-sumac syrup
½ cup fresh raspberries
1 cup cane sugar
½ cup water
1 tbsp. Spicewalla Sumac
to make the raspberry-sumac sauce:
- Add raspberries, sugar, and sumac to a small saucepot and smash the berries using a wooden spoon, mixing them thoroughly with the sugar and sumac. Allow berries to macerate for about 30 minutes.
- Add water and bring to a boil, stirring constantly to dissolve the sugar.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, skimming off any foam from the top.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Pour through a chinois or fine mesh strainer and discard the raspberry pulp.
- Bottle and refrigerate the syrup.
to assemble the cocktail:
- Add all ingredients to a mixing glass and fill with ice.
- Stir for about 30 seconds until the mixing glass feels ice cold and the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Strain into a rocks glass over fresh ice or a large cube.
- Express a lemon peel over the top of the glass and discard the peel.
- Garnish with a skewered raspberry.