1oz Beefeater Gin
.5oz dry vermouth (I recommend Dolin Dry)
.5oz Raspberry-Sumac Syrup
for the raspberry-sumac syrup
½ cup fresh raspberries
1 cup cane sugar
½ cup water
1 tbsp. Spicewalla Sumac
to make the raspberry-sumac sauce:
1. Add raspberries, sugar, and sumac to a small saucepot and smash the berries using a wooden spoon, mixing them thoroughly with the sugar and sumac. Allow berries to macerate for about 30 minutes.
2. Add water and bring to a boil, stirring constantly to dissolve the sugar.
3. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, skimming off any foam from the top.
4. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
5. Pour through a chinois or fine mesh strainer and discard the raspberry pulp.
6. Bottle and refrigerate the syrup.
to assemble the cocktail:
1. Add all ingredients to a mixing glass and fill with ice.
2. Stir for about 30 seconds until the mixing glass feels ice cold and the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
3. Strain into a rocks glass over fresh ice or a large cube.
4. Express a lemon peel over the top of the glass and discard the peel.
5. Garnish with a skewered raspberry.