Oh Alyse, we admire you so much for being our recipe queen 💅 ---especially when you teach us how to master flavour using basic techniques, such as this recipe for perfectly seasoned, tender & juicy, smokey seared ribeye. Saltbrick Prime provided us with this top-notch cut of beef, which was expertly transformed into a delicious steak dinner using simple ingredients and minimal prep work. Smoked Paprika was our star of the show, lending robust flavours while also mimicking the smokiness of grill-cooking (without the grill!) You too can recreate this steak recipe by watching this video as Alyse demonstrates how to get a perfect sear using a cast iron pan. Head over to Saltbrick Prime to order premium steaks delivered right to your front door!
Smokey Seared Ribeye
Yield: 2 servings
1. Remove ribeyes from the fridge about 30 minutes before preparing to bring to room temperature.
2. Combine the smoked paprika and kosher salt together in a small bowl, mix together.
3. Sprinkle each side of the ribeyes evenly with the smoked paprika and salt mixture.
4. Heat a cast iron pan over medium-high heat for a few minutes to allow the pan to get hot, add the canola oil.
5. Carefully place the ribeyes in the pan and sear for 2 minutes, flip over and sear the other side for 2 minutes. Continue flipping every 2 minutes until the ribeye is cooked to medium-rare, about 130*F internal temperature.
6. Add the butter and fresh thyme to the pan. Once the butter is melted, use a spoon to baste each side of the ribeyes with the butter. Turn off the heat and let the steaks rest in the pan for 10-15 minutes.
7. Slice the steak against the grain into 1/2 inch slices and finish with Cyprus Flake Salt. Enjoy!