1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp Spicewalla Harissa
Pinch of Spicewalla Sicilian Sea Salt
Pinch of Spicewalla Black Pepper
1 1/4 cup buttermilk
2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
1 head cauliflower, cut into 1-2” florets
2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
⅓ cup hot sauce, we used Crystal
- Preheat oven 400°F
- Combine flour, Spicewalla Harissa, sea salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Add buttermilk and stir to incorporate; batter should be thick but pourable. Add more buttermilk if needed.
- Pour panko into a separate bowl, set aside.
- Add cauliflower florets to buttermilk mixture and gently stir, making sure to coat them completely.
- Working one at a time, remove each floret from the batter and shake off excess. Dip into the bowl with the panko crumbs, turning to cover each side and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, leaving at least 2 inches between each one to ensure maximum crispiness.
- Bake for 40 minutes, flipping halfway through.
To make the buffalo sauce:
- Combine melted butter and hot sauce in a large bowl, stir to combine.
- Remove cauliflower from the oven and place florets into the bowl with the hot sauce, toss to coat.
- Serve immediately with your favorite wing dipping sauce (ranch or bleu cheese are our faves) and celery.