Nothing says summer quite like grilled corn, and the best grilled corn award goes to the elote. Elote a.k.a. Mexican Street Corn, is a dish that originates from Mexico, where it is a favorite street food and a popular late-night snack. Usually boiled or roasted and served on a stick or with the husk as a handle, elotes are an exceptional vehicle for savory toppings.
This salad has all the bold flavors of Mexican elote plus much more! With a creamy, zesty dressing that features the bright and spicy flavors of our Carne Asada blend, this dish is sure to curb your street corn cravings, and she ain't too hard on the eyes either.
Grilled Elote Salad with Creamy Carne Asada Dressing
Yield: 2-3 portions
Time: 45 minutes
2. Skewer cherry tomatoes for easier grilling.
3. Brush oil on corn, tomatoes, green onions, and red onions.
4. Grill all vegetables, plus 4 of the lime halves, over direct heat until well charred but not overcooked.
5. Let cool slightly then remove tomatoes from skewers and cut the corn kernels off of the cob.
6. Make the dressing: Combine mayonnaise, the juice of the remaining lime, salt, pepper, and Spicewalla Carne Asada blend. Stir together to combine.
7. Assemble all ingredients together on a large plate with the dressing, garnish with cotija, Spicewalla Cyprus Flake Salt and fresh cilantro. Enjoy!