Nothing says summertime like freshly grilled seafood. These buttery grilled scallops are coated with our spicy, smoky Blackening Rub with flavors of paprika, garlic, cayenne, and basil to make this already perfect food even more decadent. Served with a fresh cilantro chimichurri sauce, this dish is sure to transform your dinner table to feel like your favorite fine-dining restaurant. Loungewear attire encouraged.
GRILLED BLACKENED SCALLOPS WITH CILANTRO CHIMICHURRI
Time: 45 minutes
1 cup cilantro, finely chopped
1 small shallot, finely diced
1/2 tsp Spicewalla Crushed Red Pepper
4 garlic cloves, finely minced
1/4 cup rice vinegar
3/4 cup olive oil
Spicewalla Sicilian Sea Salt, to taste
For the scallops:
3 Tbs butter or ghee, melted
3 Tbs Spicewalla Blackening Rub
10-12 fresh or frozen and thawed jumbo scallops
Lime wedges for garnish
- Make the chimichurri: Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir together. Set aside.
- Combine melted butter/ghee and Blackening Rub in a large bowl, carefully toss scallops in the bowl to coat them entirely.
- Heat the grill to high heat and rub the grates with oil.
- Gently place scallops on the grill over direct heat and grill for 3 minutes, carefully flip them and grill another 3 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and serve immediately with chimichurri, fresh cilantro, and lime wedges.