Yield: 2 servings
Time: 45 minutes
For the chimichurri:
1 cup cilantro, finely chopped
1 small shallot, finely diced
1/2 tsp Spicewalla Crushed Red Pepper
4 garlic cloves, finely minced
1/4 cup rice vinegar
3/4 cup olive oil
Spicewalla Sicilian Sea Salt, to taste
For the scallops:
3 Tbs butter or ghee, melted
3 Tbs Spicewalla Blackening Rub
10-12 fresh or frozen and thawed jumbo scallops
Lime wedges for garnish
- Make the chimichurri: Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir together. Set aside.
- Combine melted butter/ghee and Blackening Rub in a large bowl, carefully toss scallops in the bowl to coat them entirely.
- Heat the grill to high heat and rub the grates with oil.
- Gently place scallops on the grill over direct heat and grill for 3 minutes, carefully flip them and grill another 3 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and serve immediately with chimichurri, fresh cilantro, and lime wedges.