Want to look like a rockstar in the kitchen with very little prep time? This recipe can do that for you. Ahi tuna steaks cook to a perfect medium-rare in no more than 6 minutes flat and soak up all the flavors of this bright and tangy marinade in 10 minutes. Coated with our Everything Bagel Spice to give an extra layer of flavor that will have everyone at the table in awe of your cooking skills.
Everything Bagel Crusted Ahi Tuna
Time: 30 minutes
1 Tbs toasted sesame oil
Juice of 1/2 lime
2 Tbs soy sauce
4 Tbs Spicewalla Everything Bagel Seasoning
1 Tbs neutral oil
Zest of 1 lime
Lime wedges, for garnish
Ponzu sauce, for garnish
- Pat tuna steaks dry with a paper towel
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the sesame oil, lime juice, and soy sauce, stir together to combine.
- Pour over the tuna steaks and let marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat a grill to high heat and place a cast iron pan on top.
- Pat the tuna steaks dry again and sprinkle the Everthing Bagel Seasoning on top, covering the entire surface and gently pressing into the steak to make sure it stays, flip and repeat on the other side, making sure all surfaces are coated.
- Add the oil to the hot cast iron pan then immediately place the tuna steaks inside the pan.
- Sear for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the heat and rest for 5 minutes. Slice into 1/4 inch slices and serve with lime zest, lime wedges and a drizzle of Ponzu sauce. Enjoy!