What's not to love? A hot, delicious cup of chai boasting flavors of ginger, cardamom, cinnamon and allspice on a blustery winter day equals pure joy in a mug, if you ask us. But wait! It gets better! The addition of Oak & Grist
whiskey means its warming power is intensified, and the flavors of baked apple pie, cardamom and vanilla are a perfect pairing with our chai. You'll feel dazzled by the black tea and spices, slightly buzzed from the 100 proof whiskey, and fully satisfied by this winter warmer.
spiked chai masala
1 cup oat milk
1 cup water
2 tsp. Cut Tear Curl black tea*
1 tsp. cane sugar
1.5 oz Oak & Grist Blended Malt Whiskey
2 tsp. Spicewalla Chai Masala
1. Add oat milk and water to a small saucepot and bring to a boil.
2. Remove from heat and add tea, sugar and Chai Masala.
3. Let the mixture steep for 5 minutes.
4. Taste and adjust sugar and Chai Masala to your liking.
5. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer and pour into your favorite mug.
6. Add 1.5 oz Blended Malt Whiskey. Enjoy!
*Cut, Tear, Curl refers to the way in which the tea is produced. CTC black tea is preferred for a Masala Chai Recipe because the flavor of the tea is so strong, its flavor is not lost in the world of milk, sugar and spice, aka Chai!