1 Tbsp neutral oil
12 oz Seemore Bubbe's Chicken Soup Sausage, sliced into ½ inch thick coins
4 Tbsp unsalted butter
½ cup all purpose flour
1 green bell pepper, finely diced
1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
1 cup celery, finely diced
1 (15 oz) can crushed tomatoes
2 Tbsp Spicewalla Cajun Seasoning
3 cups chicken broth
1 cup okra, sliced into ½ inch coins
½ pound raw shrimp, peeled
White rice, for serving
Green onions, for garnish
- In a large pot, add the oil and heat over medium high. Add the sausage and cook undisturbed for 3 minutes, stir and cook another 2 minutes until the sausage is taking on some browning. Remove the sausage from the pot and set aside.
- Add the butter and flour, lower the heat to medium and cook, stirring frequently until the roux has turned dark brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper, onion, celery, tomatoes, and Cajun Seasoning. Cook until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, turn the heat up to medium-high and bring to boil. Lower the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the okra and shrimp, cook for about 5 minutes until the shrimp is cooked through.
- Serve with rice and garnish with green onion.