Yield: 1 pound
Prep time: 30 mins
Total time: 2 days
1 pound of your vegetable(s) of choice (cucumbers, onions, radishes, etc), sliced or cut
2 sprigs of fresh herbs such as dill or thyme
2 cloves of garlic
2 Tbsp Spicewalla Pickling Spice
1 cup white vinegar
1 cup water
1 Tbs Spicewalla Sicilian Sea Salt
1 Tbs sugar
1. Place sliced or cut vegetables into a clean container that has an air-tight lid, preferably a mason jar.
2. Add fresh herbs, garlic cloves, and Pickling Spice to the container with vegetables.
3. Make the brine: In a saucepot, combine vinegar, water, salt, and sugar. Bring to a boil and stir to dissolve.
4. Remove pot from the heat and carefully pour it over the vegetables and herbs/spices.
5. Let cool uncovered at room temperature for a couple hours, then tightly place the lid and transfer to the fridge. Let sit for 48 hours before serving. Pickles are good for 1 month stored in the fridge.