2oz vodka (I prefer Grey Goose!)
.25oz Rosemary-infused dry vermouth*
.25oz St. Germain
1oz spiced cranberry syrup*
.75oz fresh lime juice
for the rosemary-infused vermouth:
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
1 cup dry vermouth
Combine fresh rosemary and dry vermouth, infuse at room temperature overnight or for up to 24 hours. Discard rosemary, and store vermouth in the fridge.
for the spiced cranberry syrup:
8oz unsweetened cranberry juice
½ cup light brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
Peels from 1 orange
2 Spicewalla Cinnamon Sticks
3 Spicewalla Whole Allspice
½ tsp kosher salt
3 Spicewalla Whole Cloves
1. Heat dry spices in a saucepan over medium-low heat until aromatic, stirring constantly so as not to burn the spices.
2. Add cranberry juice, sugars, salt and orange peel and bring to a boil over medium heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
3. Use a fine strainer or cheesecloth to strain spices out, then bottle or store in a container of your choice.
4. To assemble your cocktail, add vodka, rosemary-vermouth, St. Germain, spiced cranberry syrup, and freshly squeezed lime juice to a shaker tin. Fill tin with ice and shake vigorously.
5. Strain into a frozen coupe glass and garnish with a sprig of fresh rosemary.