2oz dark rum
2 Tbsp miso butter batter*
.5oz toasted sesame seed orgeat*
3 oz boiling water
for the miso butter batter:
1 stick of butter, softened
½ cup brown sugar
1 tbsp. miso (white or red, red has a more intense flavor)
1 tsp. Spicewalla Cinnamon Powder
½ tsp. Spicewalla Nutmeg Powder
for the sesame seed orgeat:
1/2 cup Spicewalla White Sesame Seeds
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup sugar
to make the miso butter batter:
1. Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and use an electric mixer to blend well.
2. Refrigerate batter for at least an hour or until ready to use.
to make the sesame seed orgeat:
1. Spread the sesame seeds out on a baking sheet and cook at 350° F until lightly toasted, about 8-10 minutes.
2. Combine the seeds, water and sugar in a small saucepot and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
3. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
4. Pour contents into a blender and blend well.
5. Strain the syrup through a filter bag or fine mesh sieve. Bottle and refrigerate.
to assemble the cocktail:
1. Prep mug by filling it with boiling water to get the mug nice and hot. Let it sit for a minute or two and then pour the water out.
2. Add miso butter batter and sesame syrup to your mug.
3. Add boiling water and rum.
4.Stir to combine. Get cozy and drink up!