Behold the Sesame Tahini Cookie! These gluten-free and dairy-free beauties really deliver on flavor and texture. Coated in toasted sesame seeds and flavored with creamy tahini, these nutty, somewhat savory cookies are sure to be your new obsession. You’re welcome in advance.
Sesame Tahini Cookies
Yield: about 18 cookies
Time: 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- In a large mixing bowl add the almond flour, baking soda, and salt and whisk together.
- In a separate smaller bowl combine the tahini, vanilla extract and maple syrup. Stir to combine.
- On a small plate or in shallow bowl, combine the toasted white and black sesame seeds, set aside.
- Add the bowl of wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and stir together until a uniform dough forms.
- Scoop and roll the dough into 1 inch balls, then place them in the sesame seeds and roll around to cover completely. Place on a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet and use the bottom of a glass to gently flatten to ½ inch thickness. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes until the surface of the cookie is just beginning to turn light golden in color. Be careful not to overbake.
- The cookies will be very fragile when taken out of the oven so cool on the sheet tray for 10 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.