1 ½ cups almond flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp kosher salt
½ cup tahini
½ tsp vanilla extract
4 Tbs maple syrup
2 Tbs Spicewalla White Sesame Seeds, toasted
2 Tbs Spicewalla Black Sesame Seeds, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- In a large mixing bowl add the almond flour, baking soda, and salt and whisk together.
- In a separate smaller bowl combine the tahini, vanilla extract and maple syrup. Stir to combine.
- On a small plate or in shallow bowl, combine the toasted white and black sesame seeds, set aside.
- Add the bowl of wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and stir together until a uniform dough forms.
- Scoop and roll the dough into 1 inch balls, then place them in the sesame seeds and roll around to cover completely. Place on a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet and use the bottom of a glass to gently flatten to ½ inch thickness. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes until the surface of the cookie is just beginning to turn light golden in color. Be careful not to overbake.
- The cookies will be very fragile when taken out of the oven so cool on the sheet tray for 10 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.