Ras el Hanout translates to "head of the shop", making it a very special blend that is meant to feature the finest spices available. Our blend is no exception, with a unique mix of spicy, aromatic and savory flavors that pair perfectly with this Sweet Potato Peanut Stew. This recipe comes together quickly and easily but will have your loved ones fooled into thinking you spent all day perfecting this comforting dish.
RAS EL HANOUT SWEET POTATO PEANUT STEW
Time: 35 minutes
1 small sweet onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp ginger, grated
Spicewalla Sicilian Sea Salt, to taste
Spicewalla Black Peper, Table Grind, to taste
1 Tbs Spicewalla Ras el Hanout
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
14 oz can of diced tomatoes, with juices
14 oz can coconut milk
1/4 cup tomato paste
2 cups water
1/4 cup peanut butter
10 oz bag frozen kale OR 2 cups fresh kale, finely chopped
Cilantro, for garnish
1. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a dutch oven or large pot. Add onion and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes.
2. Add garlic, ginger, Spicewalla Sicilian Sea Salt, Spicewalla Black Pepper, Ras el Hanout and crushed red pepper. Saute and stir together until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
3. Add sweet potatoes and saute, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
4. Add diced tomatoes, coconut milk, tomato paste, and water. Turn heat up to medium-high and bring to a simmer. Cook until sweet potatoes are fork-tender, about 8 min.
5. Add peanut butter and kale, bring back to a simmer and cook until kale is wilted and bright green.
6. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Serve with fresh cilantro.