Yield: 4 servings
Time: 35 minutes
2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 small sweet onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp ginger, grated
Spicewalla Sicilian Sea Salt, to taste
Spicewalla Black Peper, Table Grind, to taste
1 Tbs Spicewalla Ras el Hanout
1/4 tsp Spicewalla Crushed Red Pepper
3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
14 oz can of diced tomatoes, with juices
14 oz can coconut milk
1/4 cup tomato paste
2 cups water
1/4 cup peanut butter
10 oz bag frozen kale OR 2 cups fresh kale, finely chopped
Cilantro, for garnish
1. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a dutch oven or large pot. Add onion and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes.
2. Add garlic, ginger, Spicewalla Sicilian Sea Salt, Spicewalla Black Pepper, Ras el Hanout and crushed red pepper. Saute and stir together until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
3. Add sweet potatoes and saute, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
4. Add diced tomatoes, coconut milk, tomato paste, and water. Turn heat up to medium-high and bring to a simmer. Cook until sweet potatoes are fork-tender, about 8 min.
5. Add peanut butter and kale, bring back to a simmer and cook until kale is wilted and bright green.
6. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Serve with fresh cilantro.