Ras el Hanout Burger
yield: four 4oz patties
1 pound Roma tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp lime juice
2 cups yellow & green zucchini, thinly sliced
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
1 pound 70% lean ground beef
1 Tbsp Spicewalla Ras el Hanout
salt and pepper to taste
Make Tomato Jam:
1.Place tomatoes, sugar, lime juice and salt in a small saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil then lower temperature to simmer.
3. Continue to cook while stirring for about 10 minutes, until a thick paste is formed. 4. Transfer to a small bowl to cool.
Make marinated Zucchini:
Combine zucchini, lemon juice, olive oil and cilantro in a mixing bowl and toss together to combine, set aside.
1. Mix ground beef and Ras el Hanout together and form into 4 patties.
2. Heat grill to medium-high heat. Season both sides of patties with salt and pepper.
3. Grill to preferred cooking temperature.
4. Assemble burgers with zucchini and tomato jam. Enjoy!