for the cheesecake:
28 oz Philadelphia cream cheese, room temp **3 ½ - 8oz cream cheese blocks**
1 ¾ cup granulated sugar
4 large eggs
16 oz sour cream
2 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 Tsp Spicewalla Pumpkin Pie Spice
Total time: 2 hours
Yield: one 9”-inch cheesecake, about 16 servings
- Preheat oven to 325*F
- Place a circle of parchment in the bottom of a 9” spring form pan.
- Make the crust: pulse the gingerbread cookies in a food processor until it reaches a very fine texture. Process enough to measure 1 ½ cups of ground gingerbread cookies. Pour into a mixing bowl then add the melted butter, sugar, and Gingerbread Spice, stir until fully incorporated.
- Pour the ground cookie mixture into the springform pan then use a spatula or your hand to gently press the crust into a compact, even layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes and set aside to cool.
- Make the cheesecake batter: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (you can also use a hand mixer) add the room temp cream cheese and sugar. Cream together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 6-8 minutes, scraping down the bowl as needed. Add eggs one at a time and mix on low speed until just combined. Add the sour cream and vanilla extract and mix on low speed until the batter just comes together.
- Scoop out 3 cups of the batter and place in a separate mixing bowl, add the pureed pumpkin and Pumpkin Pie Spice, stir together to combine.
- Wrap the bottom of the pan containing the cooled crust with a few layers of aluminum foil and press tightly to the sides and bottom of the pan.
- Alternate scooping the vanilla and pumpkin batters into the pan then use a toothpick or skewer to swirl the batters together.
- Place the cheesecake pan on top of a baking sheet with at least 1” sides. Place on the middle rack of the oven and gently pour hot water onto the sheet tray to surround the cheesecake and create a water bath.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until the very center of the cheesecake is still wobbly but not liquid.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely at room temperature. Place in the fridge overnight or for at least 3 hours.
- Gently remove the cheesecake from the springform pan, slice and enjoy!