2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 Tbsp Spicewalla Gingerbread Spice
½ cup of unsalted butter, room temperature
½ cup sugar
1/2 cup molasses
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and gingerbread spice in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer or large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar, and egg at medium speed until light and fluffy (~4 minutes)
- Add the molasses to the butter mixture and continue to beat until smooth.
- On low speed, gradually add in the flour mixture and beat until well combined and the dough is 1 color.
- Shape the dough into a ball, cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour, or up to overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 370*F. Line your baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- On a well-floured surface, roll out the dough till ⅛” thick. Cut out your cookies and place them on the lined baking sheet 2” apart. Add sprinkles if you’d like if not planning to decorate after baking.
- Bake for 8 minutes until very lightly browned, puffed, and still somewhat soft. Cool on a wire rack. Repeat with the remaining dough.