- Place the thinly sliced potatoes in a bowl and fill with water, using your hands to move the potato slices around in the water to remove any additional starch.
- Drain the water and rinse/drain again. Fill the bowl a third time with cold water to cover the potato slices and add the white vinegar. Let sit for at least 30 minutes, but up to 2 hours.
- Drain the potato slices and place on a kitchen towel or paper towels. Use another towel to gently pat them dry to remove excess water.
- Add the vegetable oil to a deep pot, add enough so that the oil is a couple inches deep but is still several inches from the top of the pot. Heat oil to 300°F.
- Working in multiple batches, add the potato slices to the hot oil but do not overcrowd the pot. Fry until golden brown and place on a sheet tray lined with paper towels. Sprinkle with sea salt immediately.
- Once all the potatoes are fried, place in a bowl and add two to three big pinches of salt and the POW! Masala. Toss to coat. Serve immediately.