PARSI RED CHICKEN CURRY
6-8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Pinch of Spicewalla Turmeric
Pinch of Spicewalla Kashmiri Chili Powder
Salt, to taste
For the curry:
1 Spicewalla Cinnamon Stick
3-4 pods of Spicewalla Cardamom
3-4 Spicewalla Cloves
1/2 Tbs Spicewalla Cumin Seed
1 Tbs Spicewalla Coriander Seed
1.5 tsp Spicewalla White Sesame Seeds
1 Tbs Spicewalla Black Peppercorns
5-6 garlic cloves, peeled
1/4 cup ginger, peeled and diced
1 cup white onion, diced
1 Tbs Spicewalla Kashmiri Chili Powder, divided (regular chili powder is fine)
¼ cup vegetable oil
Spicewalla Sicilian Sea Salt, to taste.
2 cans crushed tomatoes
1 can full fat coconut milk
2. Sprinkle chicken breasts with turmeric, Kashmiri chili powder, and salt. Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165*F.
3. In a heavy bottom pan toast the cinnamon stick, cardamom, cloves, cumin seed, coriander seed, sesame seeds and black peppercorns over high heat until fragrant. Set aside.
4. In a food processor, add garlic, ginger, onion, and toasted spices. Break up cinnamon sticks first for an easier grind. Add Kashmiri Chili Powder and blend until mixture forms a paste.
5. Heat oil in a large saucepot over medium-high heat. Add the masala to the hot pan. Turn heat down to medium and cook for 5-6 minutes. Beware, there will be some splatter. Add salt to taste.
6. Stir in tomatoes and simmer for about 5 minutes, until the color has started to darken.
7. Add the coconut milk and stir in to incorporate.
8. Remove chicken from the oven, cut into 1” pieces and add to the curry, stirring to fully coat the chicken.
9. Serve with rice or enjoy by itself!