2 large russet potatoes
1/2 teaspoon of Spicewalla Garlic Powder
1 tablespoon Spicewalla Herbs de Provence
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan
1/2 teaspoon Spicewalla Sicilian Salt
1/2 teaspoon Spicewalla ground Black Pepper
We've adapted this recipe from NYT Cooking and were given a hot tip:
"The key to achieving perfectly crisp “fries” is heating your sheet pan in a 500-degree oven for a good 10 minutes. When you toss the potatoes onto the blisteringly hot pan, magic happens: The potatoes sear and develop a truly crunchy crust."
1. Cut russet potatoes into 1/4 to 1/2 inch sticks
2. Arrange one oven rack at the lowest point. Place a large rimmed baking sheet there and heat oven to 500 degrees.
3. In a large bowl, toss together potatoes, the oil, salt, pepper, Spicewalla garlic powder, and Herbs de Provence. Carefully spread potatoes out on the preheated baking sheet and return to oven’s lower rack. Roast until slightly golden and crispy, tossing after 15 minutes.
4. Reduce oven temperature to 425 degrees and bake 10 to 15 minutes more.
5. Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan and enjoy!