2oz rum (I like Plantation 3 Star for this, but I bet it would be great with a funky rum like Wray & Nephew)
1oz tamarind chaat syrup
.75oz fresh lime Juice
5 mint leaves
for the tamarind chaat syrup:
300g cane sugar
1 tbsp tamarind concentrate (I prefer Tamicon organic, its super concentrated and v tangy)
1 tsp Spicewalla Chaat Masala
to make the tamarind chaat syrup:
- In a small pot over medium flame, dissolve sugar into the water.
- Lower the flame and stir in tamarind and chaat masala. Stir to combine until smooth and there are no clumps of spices.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Bottle and refrigerate.
to assemble the cocktail:
- Add 5 mint leaves, lime juice, tamarind chaat syrup and rum to a shaker tin and fill with ice.
- Shake cocktail vigorously until ice cold and well combined.
- Fine strain into a chilled Nick & Nora glass.
- Garnish with a mint leaf, and enjoy