2oz rum (I like Plantation 3 Star for this, but I bet it would be great with a funky rum like Wray & Nephew)
1oz tamarind chaat syrup*
.75oz fresh lime Juice
5 mint leaves
tamarind chaat syrup
300g cane sugar
1 tbsp tamarind concentrate (I prefer Tamicon organic, its super concentrated and v tangy)
1 tsp Spicewalla Chaat Masala
to make the tamarind chaat syrup:
1. In a small pot over medium flame, dissolve sugar into the water.
2. Lower the flame and stir in tamarind and chaat masala. Stir to combine until smooth and there are no clumps of spices.
3. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
4. Bottle and refrigerate.
to assemble the cocktail:
1. Add 5 mint leaves, lime juice, tamarind chaat syrup and rum to a shaker tin and fill with ice.
2. Shake cocktail vigorously until ice cold and well combined.
3. Fine strain into a chilled Nick & Nora glass.
4. Garnish with a mint leaf, and enjoy.
Follow Amanda on Instagram @amandas_pour_decisions
Photo Credit: Chandler Kim