Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies
Time: 1 hour
¾ cup cocoa powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
Pinch of Spicewalla Cayenne Chilli Powder
1 Tbs Spicewalla Cinnamon
½ tsp Spicewalla Ancho Chilli Powder
1 cup brown sugar
1 ½ sticks of unsalted butter
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
Marshmallows, for garnish
- In a small mixing bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cayenne, cinnamon, and ancho chili powder, whisk together.
- Add the butter and brown sugar into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, a hand mixer will also work. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract, mixing on low speed until fully incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and mix on low speed until just combined, be careful not to overmix!
- Add the chocolate chips and mix for just a few seconds to mix in.
- Scoop the cookies into 1 inch balls and place on prepared baking sheets. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, making sure the edges are baked but the center is still soft.
- Cool at room temperature.
- Slice a few marshmallows into fourths, place one of the marshmallow slices on top of each cookie and use a kitchen torch to toast it, or put under the broiler for 1 minute. Serve immediately and enjoy!