3 Tbsp Carolina BBQ Rub
1.5 Tbsp olive oil
1 # chicken wings, about 10-12 wings
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Carolina BBQ Rub and olive oil. Stir together to create a thick paste.
- Add the chicken wings to the bowl and toss to coat the wings thoroughly with the spice paste. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Remove the wet-rubbed wings from the fridge about 20 minutes before grilling.
- Fire up your grill, making sure you have different temperature zones. A hot zone that is heated to high heat and a “cool” zone that is medium or medium-low. If using a charcoal grill, keep all your briquettes on one side of the grill to create the zones.
- Place the chicken wings directly on the hot zone of your grill. Grill for about 5 minutes, turning frequently until the wings have taken on some good color and char.
- Transfer the wings to the cool zone and continue cooking about another 5 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 165*F on a meat thermometer. Be attentive, they will cook fast!
- Rest the wings for about 10 mins before serving with your favorite sides. Enjoy!