3 large eggs
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp Spicewalla Herbs de Provence
1 cup AP flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 Tbs sugar
1/2 tsp Spicewalla Sicilian Sea Salt
Spicewalla Cyprus Flake Salt, for finishing
1. Separate the eggs; place egg yolks in a large mixing bowl and the egg whites in a smaller separate mixing bowl.
2. In another mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt.
3. In the bowl with the egg yolks, add ricotta, buttermilk, and Spicewalla Herbs de Provence. Whisk together.
4. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until just combined together. Set aside.
5. Whisk egg whites by hand or with an electric/stand mixer to stiff peaks or until white, glossy and holds its shape on the whisk when lifted out of the bowl.
6. Add half of the egg whites to the batter and gently fold in, repeat with the other half of the whites.
7. Heat an electric griddle to 375*F or a nonstick pan over medium-high heat.
8. Spread a small amount of butter over the cooking surface. Use a 1/4- cup measure to pour the batter onto the pan.
9. Cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbles form on the top of the pancake and the underside looks golden brown.
10. Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
11. Top with butter and Spicewalla Cyprus Flake Salt.
For the roasted tomatoes (optional): Preheat oven to 350*F, combine 1 cup cherry tomatoes, 1/4 cup olive oil and 4 smashed garlic cloves to a cast iron pan or sheet tray. Bake for 30-35 minutes until cherries start to burst. Serve warm.
Other topping ideas: bacon crumbles, scallion, fresh herbs, lemon zest, creme fraiche or yogurt.