2 ripe peaches, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup semolina flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp Spicewalla Golden Milk
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp butter
Make the batter:
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- Generously oil a 9-inch round cake pan and arrange peach slices in the bottom of the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, semolina flour, baking powder, Spicewalla Golden Milk and salt. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine sugar, oil and almond milk. Whisk together to combine.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Add half of the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the other half of the wet ingredients until you have a smooth, glossy batter.
Make the syrup:
- In a small saucepan, bring honey, brown sugar and butter to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and immediately pour over the peaches in the cake pan.
- Pour cake batter over the peaches and syrup, use a spatula to level out the top of the batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 30 minutes then carefully run a paring knife or offset spatula around the pan to release the sides.
- Cover the top of the cake pan with an overturned plate and carefully flip them both over, holding them tightly together.
- Gently remove the cake pan by lifting it slowly and straight upward.
- Serve warm with coffee, tea, or a cup of Golden Milk!
This delicious cake recipe brought you by the immensely talented, Alyse Baca