Yield: Makes four 9-inch pizzas
3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1Tbsp Spicewalla Sicilian Sea Salt
1 ¼ cup water, lukewarm
1 ½ tsp active dry yeast
1 ¼ tsp sugar
2Tbsp + 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
3 Tbsp Spicewalla Garlic & Herb Blend
1. Place all-purpose flour and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer, stir to incorporate.
2. In a separate bowl, combine lukewarm water, yeast, sugar, and olive oil; stir to combine and pour into dry ingredients.
3. Mix by hand until the dough just comes together (it will look shaggy and uneven), cover with plastic and rest 30 minutes at room temperature.
4. Place bowl on a stand mixer, add Spicewalla Garlic & Herb Blend, mix for 10 minutes on medium speed.
5. Cover with plastic and let sit at room temp for 2 hours or until doubled in size.
6. Remove dough from the bowl and onto a floured surface (cutting board or kitchen counter), lightly flour hands.
7. Divide dough into 4ths, roll each portion into a tight ball.
8. Place in a deep pan, cover tightly with plastic and refrigerate for 24 hours.
9. Remove dough from the fridge and let it sit out at room temperature for 1 hour before handling.
10. Place a cast-iron pan or pizza stone in your oven and preheat at the highest temperature possible for 1 hour.
11. Working with one dough portion at a time, place on a lightly floured surface and sprinkle flour over top.
12. Use your fingertips to press down into the dough, pushing outward to create a crust.
13. Lift the dough off the table and begin to gently stretch with your hands into about a 9-inch circle.
14. Place on a lightly floured pizza peel or small wooden cutting board, quickly cover with sauce and toppings and slide off of peel onto cast iron pan or pizza stone.
15. Bake 5-7 mins until crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted.