Yield: Makes four 9-inch pizzas
3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1Tbsp Spicewalla Sicilian Sea Salt
1 ¼ cup water, lukewarm
1 ½ tsp active dry yeast
1 ¼ tsp sugar
2Tbsp + 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
3 Tbsp Spicewalla Garlic & Herb Blend
- Place all-purpose flour and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer, stir to incorporate.
- In a separate bowl, combine lukewarm water, yeast, sugar, and olive oil; stir to combine and pour into dry ingredients.
- Mix by hand until the dough just comes together (it will look shaggy and uneven), cover with plastic and rest 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Place bowl on a stand mixer, add Spicewalla Garlic & Herb Blend, mix for 10 minutes on medium speed.
- Cover with plastic and let sit at room temp for 2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Remove dough from the bowl and onto a floured surface (cutting board or kitchen counter), lightly flour hands.
- Divide dough into 4ths, roll each portion into a tight ball.
- Place in a deep pan, cover tightly with plastic and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Remove dough from the fridge and let it sit out at room temperature for 1 hour before handling.
- Place a cast-iron pan or pizza stone in your oven and preheat at the highest temperature possible for 1 hour.
- Working with one dough portion at a time, place on a lightly floured surface and sprinkle flour over top.
- Use your fingertips to press down into the dough, pushing outward to create a crust.
- Lift the dough off the table and begin to gently stretch with your hands into about a 9-inch circle.
- Place on a lightly floured pizza peel or small wooden cutting board, quickly cover with sauce and toppings and slide off of peel onto cast iron pan or pizza stone.
- Bake 5-7 mins until crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted.