Yield: 24 garlic knots
*Reduce this recipe as needed if using leftover pizza dough.*
1 batch of Spicewalla’s Garlic & Herb Pizza Dough, set out at room temp for 1 hour
1 stick of unsalted butter
2 Tbsp. Spicewalla Garlic & Herb Blend
1 clove garlic, minced
- Roll out pizza dough to about ½ inch thickness, cut each into 6 equal pieces.
- Stretch pieces into about a 5-inch “rope.”
- Tie in a knot (like a shoelace) and repeat with all strips, place on a lightly floured surface.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let knots sit out at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 475*F with large cast iron pan on the middle rack for 1 hour.
- Carefully remove hot cast iron pan, place knots inside the pan and bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown, you may have to bake them in 2 batches.
- While the knots are baking, melt one stick of butter in a small saucepan, add Spicewalla Garlic & Herb Blend and fresh minced garlic; stir together and keep warm.
- Remove knots from oven and place in a heat-safe mixing bowl.
- Pour melted Garlic & Herb butter mixture over knots and stir to coat evenly.
- Finish with salt and serve with warm marinara sauce.