Just in time for Valentine's Day, our friends at French Broad Chocolate sent us this delicious, simple recipe that will surely impress your honey and wow them with romance. Slightly sweet, slightly spicy, this chocolate tart is made with the finest cacao sourced from Matagalpa, Nicaragua. We've also added our own smoky ancho chilli powder to provide a hint of fruity sweetness, without adding too much heat. "Like biting into a chocolate pillow," this dreamy dessert will have you and your special someone whispering sweet nothings through mouthfuls of spicy-chocolate bliss.
For this recipe you'll need:
1 small bowl
1 medium sized bowl
1 medium sized glass bowl
1 small sauce pan
1 10" tart pan
& a rubber spatula
2. Melt butter and place in a medium glass bowl.
3. Stir in sugar, salt and vanilla.
4. Add flour and mix until just blended.
5. Press dough into the bottom and side of a 10” tart pan.
6. Bake 20-25 min. until golden brown.
7. Whisk one egg yolk with a pinch of salt in a small bowl and brush the crust with it.
8. Bake 1 minute, then remove crust from the oven.
Many thanks to the wonderful, Tony Scalia for being our personal chef during this shoot. If anyone is ever looking for fresh bread, a beautiful pie, or a well cooked steak, give this guy a call!