- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
- In a medium saucepot, combine the butter, sugar, water, and salt and cook over medium-high heat, stirring until the mixture begins to slightly change color
- Add 2 Tbsp of fennel seeds and continue to stir and cook until dark golden brown in color.
- Remove from the heat and immediately pour the mixture into the pan, using a spatula to spread it into an even layer, about 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle the remaining 1 Tbsp fennel seed on top of the brittle. Cool until firm.
- Break the brittle into pieces and enjoy!