8 oz Brown Butter Cognac*
4 oz Pedro Ximenez Sherry
1.5 oz Luxardo maraschino liqueur
1 ½ cups almond milk
1 ¼ cups heavy cream
⅓ cup brown sugar
2 tsp. Spicewalla Nutmeg Powder
brown butter cognac
3 tbsp. Butter
1 Spicewalla Cinnamon Stick
1 cup of cognac (preferably Pierre Ferrand 1840)
to make the brown butter cognac:
- On medium heat, melt butter in a small saucepan with the cinnamon stick. Stir constantly, taking care not to burn the butter.
- Once butter has turned a gorgeous golden brown (3-5 minutes,) remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Add the brown butter and cinnamon stick to a container with a lid and pour in cognac.
- Allow to infuse at room temperature for at least 1 hour, giving it a good shake every once in a while.
- Discard the cinnamon stick, and freeze cognac for 5-6 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and strain the cognac (the butter will have solidified in a layer at the top.)
assembling the eggnog:
- In a blender or stand mixer on low speed, beat eggs until smooth (you can also use a hand blender).
- Slowly add nutmeg, and sugar until continue blending until sugar is dissolved.
- Add sherry, cognac, almond milk and cream, then blend some more.
- Refrigerate overnight and blend it before serving so it’s frothy again.
- Garnish with freshly grated Spicewalla Nutmeg!