8 oz Brown Butter Cognac*
4 oz Pedro Ximenez Sherry
1.5 oz Luxardo maraschino liqueur
1 ½ cups almond milk
1 ¼ cups heavy cream
⅓ cup brown sugar
2 tsp. Spicewalla Nutmeg Powder
brown butter cognac
3 tbsp. Butter
1 Spicewalla Cinnamon Stick
1 cup of cognac (preferably Pierre Ferrand 1840)
to make the brown butter cognac:
1. On medium heat, melt butter in a small saucepan with the cinnamon stick. Stir constantly, taking care not to burn the butter.
2. Once butter has turned a gorgeous golden brown (3-5 minutes,) remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
3. Add the brown butter and cinnamon stick to a container with a lid and pour in cognac.
4. Allow to infuse at room temperature for at least 1 hour, giving it a good shake every once in a while.
5. Discard the cinnamon stick, and freeze cognac for 5-6 hours.
6. Remove from the freezer and strain the cognac (the butter will have solidified in a layer at the top.)
assembling the eggnog:
1. In a blender or stand mixer on low speed, beat eggs until smooth (you can also use a hand blender).
2. Slowly add nutmeg, and sugar until continue blending until sugar is dissolved.
3. Add sherry, cognac, almond milk and cream, then blend some more.
4. Refrigerate overnight and blend it before serving so it’s frothy again.
5. Garnish with freshly grated Spicewalla Nutmeg!