Time: 40 mins
Yield: 4-6 servings
4-5 medium sweet potatoes, quartered lengthwise
2 Tbs avocado oil or other neutral oil
2 tsp kosher salt
¼ cup honey
pinch of Spicewalla Crushed Red Pepper
1 tsp fresh lime juice
1 Tbs Spicewalla Harissa
¼ cup pecan pieces, toasted, for garnish
Fresh thyme leaves, for garnish
Spicewalla Cyprus Flake Salt, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425*F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Toss the sweet potatoes on the sheet tray with oil and salt to coat evenly. Arrange each piece cut-side down.
- Roast for 25 minutes until the sweet potatoes are fork tender and golden brown.
- Make harissa honey: combine honey, crushed red pepper, lime juice and harissa in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Remove the sheet tray from the oven and set to broil. Careful flip each sweet potato piece so that the cut-side is now facing up. Broil for 2 minutes (keep a close eye on them!) until lightly charred.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a serving dish and generously drizzle Harissa honey over top.
- Garnish with toasted pecans, fresh thyme leaves and Cyprus Flake Salt. Enjoy!
*GET AHEAD: Harissa Honey can be made a few days ahead of time and stored in an airtight container. Sweet potatoes can be roasted 1 day ahead and reheated at 350*F until heated through. Wait until just before serving to add honey, pecans, thyme and salt.
*You probably won’t use all of the Harissa honey but you can save the rest and use it as your new favorite condiment!