Don't spend your precious Thanksgiving prep time peeling and mashing potatoes. This quick and easy recipe saves time but certainly doesn't skimp on flavor. Our smokey, fruity and savory Harissa blend combined with honey and drizzled over these charred sweet potatoes and toasted pecans will be your new favorite holiday side.
CHARRED SWEET POTATOES WITH HARISSA HONEY
Yield: 4-6 servings
2 Tbs avocado oil or other neutral oil
2 tsp kosher salt
¼ cup honey
pinch of Spicewalla Crushed Red Pepper
1 tsp fresh lime juice
1 Tbs Spicewalla Harissa
¼ cup pecan pieces, toasted, for garnish
Fresh thyme leaves, for garnish
Spicewalla Cyprus Flake Salt, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 425*F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
2. Toss the sweet potatoes on the sheet tray with oil and salt to coat evenly. Arrange each piece cut-side down.
3. Roast for 25 minutes until the sweet potatoes are fork tender and golden brown.
4. Make harissa honey: combine honey, crushed red pepper, lime juice and harissa in a small bowl. Set aside.
5. Remove the sheet tray from the oven and set to broil. Careful flip each sweet potato piece so that the cut-side is now facing up. Broil for 2 minutes (keep a close eye on them!) until lightly charred.
6. Place the sweet potatoes in a serving dish and generously drizzle Harissa honey over top.
7. Garnish with toasted pecans, fresh thyme leaves and Cyprus Flake Salt. Enjoy!
*GET AHEAD: Harissa Honey can be made a few days ahead of time and stored in an airtight container. Sweet potatoes can be roasted 1 day ahead and reheated at 350*F until heated through. Wait until just before serving to add honey, pecans, thyme and salt.
*You probably won’t use all of the Harissa honey but you can save the rest and use it as your new favorite condiment!