Yield: one 9"x5" loaf
Time: 1 hour
For the cake:
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp Spicewalla Chai Masala
1 1/4 cup sour cream
For the topping:
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp Spicewalla Chai Masala
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350*F and prepare a 9"x5" loaf pan with butter and parchment paper.
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and Chai Masala, stir together. Set aside.
3. Cream butter and sugar in a stand mixer or with a handheld mixer until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
4. Add eggs and mix again until incorporated, scraping down the bowl if needed.
5. Add 1/3 of dry ingredients to the bowl and mix to combine, then add 1/2 of the sour cream to the bowl and mix to combine. Repeat this step once more then add the last 1/3 of the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated. You may have to stop the mixer and scrape the sides of the bowls a few times during this process.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
7. Make the topping: Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and stir together until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over the batter.
8. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool, slice, and enjoy!