1 cup long-grain white rice
1/2 cup sliced almonds
6-8 cups of water
14oz can sweetened condensed milk
12oz can evaporated milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp Spicewalla Chai Masala
Pinch of salt
1.5 oz añejo tequila
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
- Add white rice, sliced almonds, chai masala, and salt to a large heat-safe bowl and carefully pour the bowling water over the mixture. Stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Pour the rice mixture into a blender, and puree until very smooth.
- Fine strain into a large container or pitcher, and discard any solids.
- Stir in the sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, and vanilla extract.
- Add 2-4 cups of additional cold water until you have the desired consistency (some prefer it to be a little creamier, but I like mine to be thinner so I’m adding more water!)
- Serve over ice with 1.5oz reposado or añejo tequila.
- Dust with chai masala over the top of the drink, and enjoy!