Yields 3 Servings
Time: 10-15 min
2 cups whole milk (preferably grass-fed)
2 cups water
2 TBSP Cut Tear Curl* black tea
1 tsp granulated sugar (more or less to taste)
1 tsp Spicewalla Chai Masala
1. Add milk and water to a saucepot and bring up to a boil, then down, for approx. 7-8 mins, creating a milky foam.
2. Add the tea, and continue bringing just up to a boil and then down, keeping that foam forming in the edges of your pot.
3. Once the mixture gets to a dark brown (about 3-4more minutes, watch video below to discern the color you are looking for), add your Chai Masala blend.
4. Add sugar, bring up to a boil then down, taste and adjust to your liking
5. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer into your favorite mug. Enjoy!
*Cut, Tear, Curl refers to the way in which the tea is produced. CTC black tea is preferred for a Masala Chai Recipe because the flavor of the tea is so strong, its flavor is not lost in the world of milk, sugar and spice, aka Chai*