3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
13.5 oz Smoked Andouille Sausage, sliced 1/4 inch thick
5 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
1 large sweet onion, diced
1 rib celery
1 serrano pepper, seed removed and diced OR 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
2 Tbsp tomato paste
Spicewalla Sicilian Sea Salt, to taste
Spicewalla Black Pepper Table Grind, to taste
1 Tbsp Spicewalla Cajun Seasoning
2 cups chicken/veggie stock OR water
1 tsp Spicewalla Rubbed Sage
2 Spicewalla Bay Leaves
2 16oz cans kidney beans, drained
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
4 cups cooked white rice
3 green onions, sliced, for garnish
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add Andouille sausage and sauté for a few minutes until sausage begins to take on some color
- Drizzle 2 Tbsp olive oil to the pan and add garlic and onion. Turn the heat down to medium and sauté until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add celery, serrano pepper, and tomato paste, salt, pepper, and Cajun Seasoning. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add stock, rubbed sage, bay leaves, and kidney beans to the pot. Bring up to a simmer and continue to cook for 15 minutes, until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Remove bay leaves, stir in fresh parsley.
- Serve over rice and garnish with green onion.