*(10-12 potatoes makes a great snack for 4 people depending on the size)
1 tsp of lime juice
1 tsp of Spicewalla Chaat Masala
5 Tbsp Spicewalla Sicilian Sea Salt (+ extra to taste)
1. Place the potatoes in a large pot with enough cold water to cover and 5 tablespoons of salt.
2. With the heat on high, bring water potatoes to a boil and then let them simmer for 3-4 minutes.
3. Let them cool to room temp. Spread plastic wrap on the counter and, once potatoes are cool, smash them one by one on the plastic wrap ( this keeps them from sticking to your counter or cutting board).
4. While you smash the potatoes, heat oil to 330-340º in a heavy-bottomed, wide pot to deep or shallow fry the potatoes (based on your preference).
5. Once hot, add the smashed potatoes in batches and fry until nicely golden. Drain well.
6. Toss with lime juice chaat masala and salt (if needed) just before serving, and enjoy with your favorite ketchup. We suggest Maggi Ketchup!