BOTIWALLA'S MASALA SMASHED POTATOES
Whether you're looking for a savory snack or the perfect starchy companion to a well-rounded breakfast, lunch, or dinner, these Masala Smashed Potatoes from Botiwalla will fill any potato void. Unlike any spud you've enjoyed before, these fingerling tubers are fried to a golden brown and then tossed with lime juice and chaat masala giving them a tangy, salty, and citrusy flavor that you never knew you needed. Check out the recipe below!
1. Place the potatoes in a large pot with enough cold water to cover and 5 tablespoons of salt.
2. With the heat on high, bring water potatoes to a boil and then let them simmer for 3-4 minutes.
3. Let them cool to room temp. Spread plastic wrap on the counter and, once potatoes are cool, smash them one by one on the plastic wrap ( this keeps them from sticking to your counter or cutting board).
4. While you smash the potatoes, heat oil to 330-340º in a heavy-bottomed, wide pot to deep or shallow fry the potatoes (based on your preference).
5. Once hot, add the smashed potatoes in batches and fry until nicely golden. Drain well.
6. Toss with lime juice chaat masala and salt (if needed) just before serving, and enjoy with your favorite ketchup. We suggest Maggi Ketchup!